Build in the year 1980, Georgia Guidestones are granite structures located in the Elbert County of Georgia in the United States. These structures are inscribed with a set of 10 guidelines in 8 modern languages; English, Spanish, Hindi, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Hebrew, Swahili, and Arabic.
Also a shorter message is written in 4 ancient languages: Sanskrit, Babylonian, Classical Greek, and Ancient Egyptian on the top of the Guidestones. The message of the monument says “Let these be the Guidestones to an age of reason.”
The Guidelines On the Georgia Guidestones:
- Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
- Guide reproduction wisely—improving fitness and diversity.
- Unite humanity with a living new language.
- Rule passion—faith—tradition—and all things with tempered reason.
- Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
- Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
- Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
- Balance personal rights with social duties.
- Prize truth—beauty—love—seeking harmony with the infinite.
- Be not a cancer on the Earth—Leave room for nature—Leave room for nature.
Mystery Behind The Guidestones:
A man named R.C. Christian approached Joe Fendley, president of Elberton Granite in order to build a monument that will act as a compass to the survivors post the apocalyptic world. The man himself told that this was his pseudonym and he claimed to represent a small group of “Loyal Americans.”
The only person who met the man face-to-face besides Fendley was Wyatt Martin, president of the Granite City Bank. Wyatt Martin was also the only person who knew the real name of the man.
In order to get “assurance that the man could pay for the monument,” Martin said he can’t proceed until he could verify the man’s real identity. Christian revealed his identity on the condition that Martin will serve as his sole intermediary. And sign a confidentiality agreement that Martin would never reveal the information to another living person, and will destroy all documents and records once the project is finished.
Also Read: Unsolved Mystery of the monument.
The Guidestones are meant to be the Compass, Calendar and Clock for the survivors of the post apocalyptic world. The instructions on the monument are written in the 8 most spoken languages in the world.